- SEPTEMBER VISIT TO SOUTHLEA FARM Click here for details of our next members-only event to revisit the sites of the prehistoric settlement at Southlea and the early-Roman enclosure (in the path of the new River Thames Scheme)
- THE EVELYN ELLIS JOURNEY There was a display of pre-1905 vehicles on Sunday 2 July on the Village Green. Click here for details and photographs
- UPDATE ON THE BOROUGH LOCAL PLAN Read more about the infrastructure delivery plan and how to comment on the latest version of the Borough Plan. Click here for details.
- DATCHET'S RIVERSIDE New photographs of the refurbished riverside. Plus, read more about the history of the riverside and factors affecting development. Click here for details.
- NEW DVS GREETINGS CARD OF DATCHET. Click here for details.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN You may have seen information about Datchet's Neighbourhood Plan at the DVS AGM. Here's the link to the DNP website: www.datchetneighbourhoodplan.org
- RECENT DVS EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Many thanks to everyone who joined us on midsummer's day for a gentle stroll along Datchet Reach, followed by drinks and nibbles at the riverside at sunset. Photos of all our recent events are in the Gallery section of this website. Click on the following links for spectacular views from the Church steeple and recent exhibitions: WWI Soldiers at Datchet Cemetery; Datchet's Conservation Area; and Datchet's Royal Connections.
About the DVS
In 1995, the Datchet Village Society was formed to help preserve the special character of Datchet and to encourage interest in its history and environment. Over the years it has grown in size and there are now 140 members. In 2016 the DVS celebrated its 21st anniversary. It is chaired by local historian, Janet Kennish.
Each year, the DVS organises talks, exhibitions and visits to places of interest for members. The focus is primarily on Datchet but also includes its locality and historical connections. We have some exciting new projects underway at the moment and will be posting regular updates on this website. New members are always welcome. Join us here.
DVS Committee Members 2017-18
Chairman: Janet Kennish
Honorary Treasurer: Adrian Needham
Honorary Secretary and Acting Membership Secretary: Marjorie Clasper
Photography & Archive: Adrian Giddins
PR & Marketing: Alison Crampin
Committee Members: Pamela Barnes-Taylor, Paul Bonnici-Waddingham, Glenda Croft, Lesley Giddins, Tony Wells
Please browse through these pages, tell your friends about this new website, and let us know what you think. Your comments are very welcome; whether as contributions or corrections to current pages, suggestions for topics, or queries about any aspect of the village society and its activities.
All rights reserved. The images on this website may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the written permission of Datchet Village Society. To request permission, please contact us via the Get in touch page.