- VILLAGE FETE Come and see the DVS stand at the fete on Saturday 1 July at Churchmead School. Click here for details.
- THE EVELYN ELLIS JOURNEY A display of pre-1905 vehicles on Sunday 2 July on the Village Green. Click here for details
- RIVERSIDE UPDATE New photographs of the refurbished riverside. Plus, read more about the history of the riverside and factors affecting development. Click here for details.
- NEW GREETINGS CARD OF DATCHET! Click here for details.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN SURVEY You may have seen information about Datchet's Neighbourhood Plan at the recent DVS AGM. Here's the link for the online survey: Datchet Neighbourhood Plan Survey
- RECENT DVS EVENTS Many thanks to everyone who joined us on midsummer's day for a gentle stroll along Datchet Reach towards Victoria Bridge, followed by drinks and nibbles at the riverside at sunset. Photos will be posted soon. Meanwhile, see photos of recent events including the Tour of St Mary's stained-glass windows and memorials; the Steeple Celebration; and Cemetery Chapel Open Day. Click on the following links for spectacular views from the Church steeple and recent exhibitions: WWI Soldiers at Datchet Cemetery; Datchet's Conservation Area; and Datchet's Royal Connections.
About the DVS
In 1995, the Datchet Village Society was formed to help preserve the special character of Datchet and to encourage interest in its history and environment. Over the years it has grown in size and there are now 140 members. In 2016 the DVS celebrated its 21st anniversary. It is chaired by local historian, Janet Kennish.
Each year, the DVS organises talks, exhibitions and visits to places of interest for members. The focus is primarily on Datchet but also includes its locality and historical connections. We have some exciting new projects underway at the moment and will be posting regular updates on this website. New members are always welcome. Join us here.
DVS Committee Members 2017-18
Chairman: Janet Kennish
Honorary Treasurer: Adrian Needham
Honorary Secretary and Acting Membership Secretary: Marjorie Clasper
Photography & Archive: Adrian Giddins
PR & Marketing: Alison Crampin
Committee Members: Pamela Barnes-Taylor, Paul Bonnici-Waddingham, Glenda Croft, Lesley Giddins, Tony Wells
Please browse through these pages, tell your friends about this new website, and let us know what you think. Your comments are very welcome; whether as contributions or corrections to current pages, suggestions for topics, or queries about any aspect of the village society and its activities.
All rights reserved. The images on this website may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the written permission of Datchet Village Society. To request permission, please contact us via the Get in touch page.