- St Mary's Steeple Celebrations Datchet Village Society members have been invited to a special service at St Mary's on 1 April to celebrate the completion of the steeple restoration work. This will be followed by presentations by the stonemason and Janet Kennish. Booking essential. Please click here for details.
- Cemetery Chapel Open Day Did you know we have a William Morris stained-glass window in Datchet? If you'd like to see it, and much more, come along to the Grade II Listed Cemetery Chapel on 9 April. More details here.
- St Mary's stained-glass windows and memorials See snapshots from our most recent guided tour
- Borough Local Plan Read more about the 360 new housing units proposed for Datchet
- A bird's-eye view of Datchet Spectacular photographs taken from the Church steeple
- DVS events and exhibitions See photos of recent events. Also recent exhibitions: WWI Soldiers at Datchet Cemetery; Datchet's Conservation Area; and Datchet's Royal Connections
- House histories Find out how to discover the history of your own house. For histories written by Janet Kennish, click here.
- Datchet maps You can view maps of Datchet in 1833, 1868, 1899, 1912 and 1970s on the Datchet History website.
- Riverside Development Study Read more about the history of the riverside and factors affecting development
About the DVS
In 1995, the Datchet Village Society was formed to help preserve the special character of Datchet and to encourage interest in its history and environment. Over the years it has grown in size and there are now 140 members. In 2016 the DVS celebrated its 21st anniversary. It is chaired by local historian, Janet Kennish.
Each year, the DVS organises talks, exhibitions and visits to places of interest for members. The focus is primarily on Datchet but also includes its locality and historical connections. We have some exciting new projects underway at the moment and will be posting regular updates on this website. New members are always welcome. Join us here.
DVS Committee Members 2016-17
Chairman: Janet Kennish
Acting Honorary Treasurer: Harry Clasper
Honorary Secretary and Acting Membership Secretary: Marjorie Clasper
Photography & Archive: Adrian Giddins
PR & Marketing: Alison Crampin
Committee Members: Pamela Barnes-Taylor, Paul Bonnici-Waddingham, Glenda Croft, Lesley Giddins, Tony Wells
Please browse through these pages, tell your friends about this new website, and let us know what you think. Your comments are very welcome; whether as contributions or corrections to current pages, suggestions for topics, or queries about any aspect of the village society and its activities.
All rights reserved. The images on this website may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the written permission of Datchet Village Society. To request permission, please contact us via the Get in touch page.